Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

 I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
 Just like the one's I used to know.
 Where the tree tops glisten,
 and children listen,
 To hear sleigh bells in the snow.
 I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
 With every Christmas card I write.
 May your days be merry and bright,
And may all your Christmas's be white.

Yes, we too in Africa dream of a white Christmas.  But not a Christmas of cold or a covering of snow upon the ground, the houses and trees.  We dream of people being dressed in white, getting ready to enter the waters of baptism and to become members of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints.  We were especially blessed this Christmas day to add 7 new members to our branch in Ho.  What a way to remember your baptism date.  One mother got to see her two young children be baptized.  Two men, who have struggled so hard with addictions, have over come them through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Three friends embraced the gospel together through the great examples of members living amongst them.  What a happy day it was for everyone and very well attended by our branch. (Of course it was right after Sacrament meeting, so they were already there)

We really love the Elders here in Ghana, and especially in Ho.  We enjoyed feeding them breakfast at our weekly district meeting.  We then were able to attend an all mission Christmas conference in Accra.  It was great to see the joy and excitement on the Elders and Sister faces as they received their packages and letters from home.  Santa Claus found them, even in Ghana.  Our own Elder Anderson, from Australia, got a rather large package and he was sharing some of the contents with the children of our branch.  We know it's hard for missionaries to be away from home at this time, because it has been hard for us too.  But we know we are where we should be and doing what the Lord wants us to be doing at this time.  

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS,
WE DID.

1 comment:

  1. I always love a white Chistmas... but I think you guys experienced the best white Christmas of them all! I love the pictures and I have a favor to ask you... when you come home... I need you to bring me home the cutest little boy you can find! I want a little boy... and the children there are presious!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete